Founded in 1980 by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end Founded in 1980 by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking. MADD has helped to save more than 350,000 lives, reduce drunk driving deaths by 53 percent and educate parents and teens on making safe choices. MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® calls for law enforcement support, ignition interlocks for all offenders, advanced vehicle technology and designating a non-drinking driver. MADD has provided supportive services to nearly one million drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge through local victim advocates and the 24-Hour Victim Help Line 1-877-MADD-HELP. Visit www-madd-org-staging.k18jzwlf-liquidwebsites.com or call 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD Bloomingonton,Illinois 61701 office is currently seeking candidates for the part time (19-29 hours per week) position of Court Monitoring Project Specialist 039-18.
Date required: ASAP
Responsible for the accurate collection and data entry of felony and misdemeanor court case data. Responsible for recruiting & training volunteer court monitors. Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Recruit, train, support and maintain a solid volunteer base for proper data collection.
2. Collect, compile & report accurate and complete data on a timely basis according to program and or grant requirements.
3. Build relationships with court personnel including but not limited to bailiffs, clerks, Assistant State’s Attorneys..
4. Maintain regular oral and/or written communication with Supervisor as required.
5. Other duties as assigned
1. High school diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years professional business experience required. Legal background preferred.
2. Solid understanding of court system, courtroom procedures and familiarity with traffic safety and DUI laws.
3. Proficient networking ability.
4. Must be able to travel and maintain a flexible schedule.
5. Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
6. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
7. Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
8. Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
9. Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
10. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
11. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
12. Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
13. Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
14. Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
15. Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
16. Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
25% Travel required. This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be
Typical Physical and Mental Demands – This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: Zach.email@example.com
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.